Volcanic Hot Stone Massage Course
||AAMT Approved Provider
| Earn 20 PME points
Hot Stones massage has become a standard spa treatment and can be a truly wonderful or also very disappointing experience for the client. A good Hot Stones massage works
wholistically and is a deeply relaxing and restorative treatment, which heals not only the body but also addresses blockages in the energy system, forming an energetic grid on the body to realign the flow of chi.
Volcanic Hot Stones massage as I teach it, is a flowing full body treatment. We massage the body with and without stones, energize, balance and connect chakras, place stones in specific patterns and use deeper techniques to relax contracted muscles.
Clients regularly report that they fall into a very deep relaxation state after only a few minutes and even the students in the courses can also not relax the pull into a deep letting go.
For you as a practitioner learning this modality has many benefits:
Offering your clients an exciting alternative treatment, which
to be curious about!
yourself apart from other therapists
Adding interesting, creative techniques and tools for you to play
Stimulating and expanding your intuitive channels
Giving you hands and wrists a break
- Qualities of different stones and temperatures, handling equipment
- The Chakra Map of the body
- Chakra functions and disorders
- Energy flow and –blockages
- Stone placement
- Whole body routine
- Deep Tissue massage techniques with stones
- Placement patterns for common problems
- Use of aromatherapy oils in conjunction with the stones
Please contact me with any queries you
See Photo Gallery!
$ 320.00 , 2 days 9 am - 4 pm
(+ optional: $260.00 Hot Stones set & heater, $190 set only)
May 16/17, 2015
back to top
Fluid Bodywork has its roots in a technique called ‘Shifting’
and foremost in ‘Trager’ a comprehensive method developed
by Dr Milton Trager. It is a rhythmic, flowing rocking technique of
the whole body, which is applied simultaneously with pressure point
work and short deep tissue strokes. Fluid Bodywork facilitates deep
relaxation of the Bodymind and aims to break up neuromuscular holding
patterns, while rocking the client into a freer and lighter feeling.
This workshop is suitable for anybody with an interest in touch and
healing, the professional therapist and the inexperienced beginner.
Fluid Bodywork is easily integrated in any other massage routine,
is fun to practice and delicious to receive.
Something to inspire you:
Just one touch can change a world. As Milton Trager said, in effect,
if you want to change, you have to have a new experience. Words refer
to new experience. But touch is new experience.
You will learn:
- History, development and theory of Fluid Bodywork
- Fluid Bodywork techniques for all parts of the body
- Hook up and Recall
- Creating and varying rhythm and depth
- Targeting specific problem areas
- Practitioner’s ideal posture and inner approach
- Dealing with resistance
- Learn to incorporate playfulness and fluidity into your massage
- Effective and effortless spinal release
- Creating results with less effort
Course fee: $320.00
November 8/9, 2014
April 25/26 , 2015
Advanced Fluid Bodywork: October 26, $160
10 PME points
1 day course
During pregnancy women’s bodies go through drastic
changes. Massage during the second and third trimester of pregnancy
is very helpful in helping women cope with both the physical and emotional
changes that happen.
There are a lot of cautionary issues though to be understood to massage
safely during this important time.
During this weekend you will learn about the relevant physical changes
and how to accommodate them in your massage and you will be able to
deliver a enjoyable, relaxing, safe and remedial pregnancy massage.
You will also learn how to perform postpartum massages.
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Understanding of the stages of pregnancy
- How to help alleviate non pathological discomforts during pregnancy
- Contraindications to massage
- Safe and comfortable positioning of client
- Adaptation of massage strokes, areas to avoid
- Massage routine for pregnancy
- Post partum massage
Course fee: $170, 1 day 9 am - 4 pm
March 14, 2015
May 23, 2015
back to top
Somatic Psychology for massage therapists
This course explores and identifies the connections between tensions
in the myofascial layer of the body with attitudes, past experiences
and mental patterns that we have developed and methods of releasing
them. It combines my 25 years of knowledge and experience in bodywork and psychology.
Basic understanding of Somatic psychology:
As somatic patterns develop mostly in the pre-verbal stages of our development, informed bodywork is well suited to assist people in letting go of dysfunctional old patterns and facilitate change towards more choice and freedom in the body-mind. It also means that any form of releasing bodywork, including massage and especially Deep Tissue massage can lead to an emotional release or trigger a psychological tendency. Understanding basic Somatic Psychology helps practitioners to choose appropriate modalities
• Understand major historical and new developments in Somatic Psychology
• Understand body armour, body-splits, startle reflex, boundedness, charge
• Recognize common holding patterns
• Explore your own patterns and learn to recognize them in clients
• Understand how psychological issues affect different body systems (lymphatic system, connective tissue, nervous system, musculoskeletal system etc.)
• Practice wholistic, psychosomatic body reading without typology
• Practice adequate communication
• Practice intuitive bodywork informed by your psychosomatic evaluation and depth for different clients, to work effectively and compassionately with the psychological aspects of the body.
• Understand the different body types
• Experience and understand your own body type
• Practice psychosomatic body reading using body types
• Learn and practice appropriate bodywork techniques and approaches for each type
• Understand the effects of trauma on the body and cautionary issues around releasing trauma
• Understand and experience the basic structure of the energetic system
• Apply simple counselling techniques to enhance clients’ awareness, support loosening of restrictive structures and emotional release
• Recognize transference and use it to inform you
• Practice the art of “holding the space” and “giving space to release”